Total Pageviews

Monday, January 9, 2012

Fear, Faith and Anticipation

I came to Montana with a dream, a dream of hope and positive change.  I'm trying to maintain that hope in the midst of struggle and I have faith that it will work out as planned. 

My family and I have been here for a little over three months.  Even though it's the middle of winter (eerily mild this year so far for Montana), I know what the beautiful summer here is like and I'm wanting and needing that summer like you can't imagine!  I worked here during the summer 10 years ago and that's what brought me back.  My husband is having a difficult time adjusting.  It's a huge change for him.  He was born and raised in Dallas and his expectations have not yet been met.  He wants a fulfilling job and finding one has not been easy.  My son is young and open and it's easier for him to bend.  He loves it here so far and has met some great friends.  He loves the snow, the little we've gotten.  He'll be fine.

I have been fortunate enough to have been able to pursue my creative outlet and my love for shabby chic and antiques by opening an antique booth and by starting a blog, where I can share my thoughts and dreams.  I really love it and crave time at my booth where I can play, rearrange and hope.   My son even wants to get involved by learning about and selling antique toys.  I can't wait to help him get started.  Learning young will be great for him and making him a part of it will be fun for us both.

I've been fortunate enough to have met some great friends that share similar interests.  It's so fulfulling, and I'm grateful. (Jamie at Rem-nants.blogspot.com is one of them). 

Time will tell if my husband finds his place here.  I hope he can and I hope he loves it as much as I think he will.  I'll wait and see and in the meantime I'll try not to be fearful, but instead, faithful and full of anticipation. 

Here is a photo of my family from a couple of years ago.



And another from this year at Christmas



Happy New Year to my friends, old and new!

Eva

1 comment:

  1. Such a heartfelt post! Hang in there! I think it will work out fine! Hope to see you this week! Jamie

    ReplyDelete